Thursday, July 11, 2013

Safe, for now.

Okay, I didn't kill him.  I thought about it, though, but a spark of a notion from a week ago reemerged and came to his rescue.

Protagonist gets another chance to redeem himself, because I changed him from vanilla to french vanilla.

No, not the sort of french vanilla with an outrageous accent, you silly king.  No, this is the kind where I took Mr. Boring and added a bit of the charming rogue to him.  The journey through the book will find him not only emerging from the bounds of his own making (familiar to me, I admit), but embracing and incorporating the bolder side of himself.

Yeah, when stated in this manner, it doesn't seem epic.  This change of character is a subplot, of course, and it's in its early stages.  I have only finished a basic outline for chapters one through three, so who knows what will happen?

And her, I see her and I need to keep my distance, lest I fear letting the story happen to her.  She's what I want for myself, which makes me perilously capable of protecting her when I should not.  Mr. French Vanilla has to take my place.  Whether or not I punish him for it along the way, I don't know.  Yet.

1 comment: